Information for Students

New patient?

If you need regular medication for any condition, let us know when you register. We can provide the repeat prescriptions when you need them but 48 hours notice is required for all repeat prescriptions. Talk to reception if there is a problem.
Important: We need to know if you are already on a hospital waiting list.

Home & Away

If you change your term-time address please let us know.
If you need medical attention while you are away from Aber (for example, at home during the holidays), register with a doctor there as a Temporary Resident. Then your medical records will stay safely here with us.
When you have registered with us, your medical card will be sent to you within about a month.


Please see a Doctor first.
We only give prescriptions for the pill (oral contraception) after a check-up by a Doctor. You can make a routine appointment for the contraception clinic which is held every Monday afternoon.

Emergency contraception This is effective if taken within 72hr. If you need the morning-after pill ask for an urgent appointment. There are also Family Planning Clinics at North Road clinic in Aberystwyth for contraception and pregnancy tests each Wednesday from 5.30.

Finally, please note!

* The college only need a sick note if you are ill for more than 7 days.
* If you miss an exam because you are ill - get the sick note while you are ill!
* There is a college nurse at the college Medical Centre who can give you advice.
* Casualty at Bronglais Hospital deals with accidents and injuries.
There may be a charge for some medical examinations & reports not on the NHS.

NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website