To meet Welsh Assembly directives, and in response to patient comments we offer:
1. 'Same day appointments' These are limited and should be booked if you need to see a clinician that day. Although there is a choice of clinicians we cannot always guarantee the clinician requested.
2. 'Pre-booked appointments'. You may book with a clinician of choice up to 4 weeks in advance. However note that clinicians are sometimes away, which will impact the number of appointments available.
3. We offer telephone consultations, either on the day or in advance.
Our appointments line is open from 8:00-18:30 Monday-Friday.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please inform our receptionist as soon as possible. By cancelling your appointment, you make it available for another patient.
The doctors and nurses all do their best to run to time, but they will sometimes run late. Please be patient if you are asked to wait.
Patients do not need to see a doctor for all illnesses or enquiries and therefore we offer telephone consultation with a doctor. You will be given an approximate time when the doctor will telephone you to discuss.
OUT OF HOURS
Should you need access to a doctor outside of surgery hours, please dial 111.
We hold a drop-in contraception clinic with a doctor between 17:00 & 17:30 every Monday. No advance appointment required.
NURSE/HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT CLINICS
All nurse clinic appointments are available to book in advance.
These staff are vital to the wellbeing of our patients and can help/advise on a vast range of medical conditions, including:
- Minor ailments & accidents, wound care and dressingBlood pressure checks
- Cervical smear tests
- Chronic disease clinics - diabetes, respiratory, heart disease etc.
- Lifestyle advice
Note that blood tests are by appointment only. This is to prevent patients waiting for long periods in the surgery. Blood test appointments are available between 8:30am-12:00pm.
Ring during surgery hours for an appointment or call at the surgery. You may consult any of the clinicians. An adult should accompany children under 14.
Always let us know if you can't keep an appointment by phone. Please do not use e-mail to cancel appointments.
If you need urgent attention you will be offered an appointment the same day, but it may not be with the clinician of your choice.
MY HEALTH ONLINE
The surgery provides this website in collaboration with NHS Wales. Once you’ve created an account you will be able to:
- Book and cancel appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Update your personal information
Before being able to create an account you must obtain a registration letter from reception.
As part of the registration process you will be asked to prove your identity. This is one of the measures in place to protect the information that your clinician holds about you. Full details about the process are available from the Practice.
My Health Online Website
Please do not use My Health Online for contacting the Surgery in an emergency. In the case of life threatening emergencies, please ring 999. In other cases please call the surgery direct.